Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yeah hunt seat?

Yes well I competed in my VERY FIRST huntseat show EVER! Lets just say I wasn't prepared. Other than the fact that I have never ridden hunt seat, and have had ONE lesson (as of last thursday...the show was on sunday). I obviously was WAY out of my league! HA! It was sorta fun though, experiance wise. I know I will never be a serious hunter thats for sure. My dressage was constantly getting into the way. Which sucks because now i have a brand new pair of breeches and a show shirt that I will probably never where again. I don't think I will be dabbling in that area of riding anymore. I will stick to my dressage, and my occasional debute over fences :). both of which I enjoy very thoroughly.
I didn't get any pictures of my ride either. Which was a good thing ha! We had to park a very long way from the barn and it was misty/raining all day and I didn't want to bring my camera out in it. Not to mention it was really cold. luckily in the indoor there were so many people that it was reasonably comfortable temperature wise.
I did entertain quite a few spectators with my awesome mounting abilities! Now I haven't really had the ability to learn how to do a proper "leg up" The only time i've ever done it was when I was vaulting....and thats a wee bit different! Anyways, so I only make it half way up into the saddle....my breeches which are a bit too big for me (the shirt is too!) got caught on the back of the saddle so I am laying across the back of my horse (who really sucked) laughing histerically and not able to get into the saddle because of the whole breeches being stuck thing. Overall it was a very funny fiasco, and I am sure that everyone had a great ole time watching me flounder about. So after an extremely horrible ride, I got 7th out of 7 riders :). GO KIM! So I just tell myself that YEAH it was a learning experiance! Ta Ta for now *poof*
kim~

No comments: