Friday, February 03, 2006

Cora

Today I rode Cora for the first time. She is really cute and chestnut thoroughbred mare. Shes really small for a tbred, but loads of fun to ride. I have private lessons scheduled with Bryn every friday morning, so far they've been going great. Today we worked on transitions, my favorite part was when we worked on sitting trot to canter to sitting trot transitions without stirrups. I think I did pretty well. I felt like I was really connecting with it, which is a cool feeling. I like cora so much because she tells you when you are doing it wrong, like throwing her head in the air and making these weird scream like noises. She kept doing it to the cat that was digging holes in the indoor. I found it really funny it was like she was yelling at the cat to get out of her space. *grin*

Last friday I rode Chip, it was a nice ride, we worked on riding straight. We worked on that with cora too. It was great to compair the straightness issues in both horses from one week to the next. I have another lesson on Monday with Annie, hopefully this one will go well too. So far we had to cancel the monday lessons the last two weeks! Last week it was very nasty out and I didn't feel comfortable driving to puckerbrush, and the week before Me and Annie were both sick with what ever was going around. Till the next horsey ride~!

No comments: