Thursday, February 16, 2006

Pearl

Last friday I had a lesson on Pearl, it was a LOT of fun! She is this huge draft mare, she's not super tall, but she's still really big. She has been trained at Puckerbrush for Vaulting, but Sandy decided that she should go under saddle as well. I had asked earlier in the week to get a horse that pulled or was very heavy in the hands so that I was more prepaired for the shows comingup. It seems as if I constantly get a heavy horse in the picks. Riding Pearl REALLY helped me with getting my position with a heavy horse and being able to work through it, it was great! I hope to ride her again this week. It was amazing how well I figured her out and so quickly! I had to cancel my lesson on monday because I was stuck in Portland after the storm due to a flat tire, and no house keys/dew's car keys. It was a very shitty weekend. So I will be riding again tomorrow :), I can't wait!!! I got my new riding boots/helmit/whip/spurs/gloves a couple of days ago, tomorrow I will be dropping my boots off at the boot repair guy to get them gusseted to fit my extra wide calf. My calf is 16 1/2 inches....with a size 8 foot, Its very hard to find boots to fit, typically I have to get a Men's size 10 extra wide if I even want to fit into them...but then my feet are swimming around in there. My boots from highschool are that way *sigh*. But I've had them for atleast 7 years now, and they are doing me well, I just can't wait to get my new boots all fixed :).
kim~

No comments: