Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rain

So today I lunged Miss Jonza before riding her. She was still being a bit of a lunatic. Running around and galloping barely being able to stay in a circle. I finally got her to calm down and trot NICELY and was doing well. So I decided it was time to get on her. I got on and she was doing pretty good for a couple of minutes, she was walking and trotting pretty calmly, then she started speeding up and throwing her head around. So I decided to work on walk/halt again as she was starting to act up. She absolutely did NOT want to halt, she'd stop for barely a second and expect to be able to move on, when I insisted that she halt until she was calm, she would start walking sideways, foreward, backwards, and spinning so she could keep moving. Did I mention it was RAINING the whole time. After a long time of trying to get her to calm down, and being completely soaked, I managed to get her to stop moving for a few seconds, and figured it was a day.

I hope tomorrow is better :( She is new at being ridden, and I understand that....she doesnt know very much...but I don't believe walking and halting is that hard of a concept, or even trotting calmly...I mean she IS a trotter! C'est la vie

1 comment:

Zinnia said...

Yay for you and for Jonza. It sounds like you are making progress every day. In a week or two this will all be very different....