Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Finally a lesson!

Well we finally got a lesson in after almost a month and a half!!!! So needless to say I felt ALL over the place. It was a jumping lesson....I was hoping to get a dressage lesson in before that but oh well. Leg's was CRAZY! shes a STDbred mare not sure on her age probably around 12. She is a wonderful jumper....but since lessons had been cancelled for the last 2 weeks and her owner wasnt willing to go out to ride her she was a stall pony. *sigh* which of course was taken out on me. She got in quite a few really good bucks that (thanks to my balance..yes i am bragging ha!) didnt throw me, though i was quite surprised that i didnt fall off atleast once. After we went over a few jumps (still bucking and cow kicking) she calmed down and our lesson went quite a bit better.

She was still all crazy head as high into the air as possible, and her "trot" was mainly a pace with some prancing thrown in for good measure. But she stopped bucking... its a good thing she loves to jump so much. It probably didnt help that I was riding in my mountain horse boots for the first time. They feel very clunky and in the way, hopefully I will get used to them soon because they do keep my feet warm. After she calmed down we did some stirrupless jumps....I did o.k. and now my inner thighs are killing me. Gotta suck it up though Dressage lesson is in a couple of hours! I want to get one in before the temperature plummits yet again on thursday. *wooo who*

kim~

No comments: