Wednesday, March 23, 2005

last two lessons....

I've been a little slacking with posts due to being SUPER busy...but things will be calm for a couple days atleast! SO much will be going on next week. preparing for 2 shows, and 2 exams, AND travelling over 12 hours atleast roundtrip! *phew* I will be a very tired kim. Anyways last thursday's dressage lesson I had on Jack, and Meg was on Ty. She's been really nervous riding him since her fall last december. She hasnt really had many lessons (probably like 4) since then, because of cancellations for snow and cold and such, and then spring break. SO she hasnt been able to get over the feeling that she will fall when she gets on him. So we swapped horses. The first half of the lesson I was on Ty and she got on Jack. But I did finally get Jack back so we could work on my test with him :).

Monday's dressage lesson with amy went...well interestingly. Ty spooked while she was on the upward post and when he spooks he doesnt stop for a good 2 minutes! if not longer....he is a real dumb-ass. Well she fell off, got her boot caught in the stirrup (she was wearing her winter mountain horse tall boots) and he dragged her spooking about halfway across the arena. It wasnt too bad, she got really shook up which is understandable. But she had his reins so she was sorta out of the "feet" area. There were 5 of us total on horses, but bryn was right there so she ran over (well walked over because ty was freaking out) and grabbed him just after amy's foot came unstuck. Definately not something I would want to have to go through! I was riding Chip BTW. hes a quarterhorse. He was dripping blood from way up inside his nose. It freaked me out, but Bryn said he always did it in the spring.....very odd!!!!....anyways. We did my Training 4 test it went really well, bryn said i did a very good job. But by the time we got to my Training 2 test (amy had done her first level test twice because she messed up) Chip was thinking he was done, and started acting up, and it ended up being HORRIBLE! so tomorrow i am doing my training 2 first no matter what! well more then!

kim~

No comments: