Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bending

Today was my birthday, so I did what I enjoy doing, spent a good 2 hours at the barn (maybe a bit more!). Everyone was at the driving clinic, so I had the farm to myself. It was so quiet and nice. I am very tired from our 8 hour driving trip yesterday to the lurecoursing field, so I decided that I wouldn't focus on trot work today. So I did some walk, hault, walk transitions. Jonza was doing what I say, but she was a bit unfocused. So I did some trotting circles to loosen her up a bit. We did this for about 5 minutes or so, then began working on walking again, and bending!!!!!!!! We did lots of loops of serpentines, and worked on bending, bending, and MORE bending.

So thats what we did today, I think she did really good :) She doesn't like to move her body like that, and fights against it. So by the end it was good. Although she was throwing a fit halfway through each serpentine down the arena...and I wouldn't let her quit until we did a whole arena length without her freaking out halfway through. But she did a great job overall :).

1 comment:

Jakob said...

happy birthday to you o(∩_∩)o...