Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Running free

What a pretty little Standardbred cater :).
She's such a good girl. Today we did some work on having her settle into the trot, and it was really nice towards the end. She seemed to be very rushy today, so tomorrow when I ride her, I'm going to walk and walk and walk until she calms down and just trots....when she feels calm and relaxed I will ask for the trot, if its choppy and rushed, i'll walk again....walk walk walk...then ask for the trot again....etc
Glo used this method with her boy Will to help him relax and focus on the work at hand. I think this will be a great thing to get Jonza used to doing. I want her to be happy to be with me. She's just a wonderful mare. I'm so happy to have a horse FINALLY its been too long. Now I just need to someone find her a horsey companion.

No comments: