Friday, February 11, 2005

3rd Level School Master

Well me and dew braved the storm so I could get in a Dressage lesson on a 3rd level School master, named Ike, before he left for New Hampshire. He is classically trained, and its the first time I have ever ridden a horse like him. It was a great confidence booster from my last ride. Because he could do it, we worked on haunches in, shoulders in, and leg yeilding. Once I found all the right buttons we were working together wonderfully. It was great. Definately my most favorite lesson in awhile. I felt as if I was actually accomplishing something. After we were doing these movements quite fluidly we moved on to the canter.......This was interesting....and after about 15 minutes of laughter and lots of grunting we did it ha! I really dont know why their is such a difference between cantering a classically trained horse and a regular trained horse, but there is! I've never had such a problem with cantering!

Sandy (the dressage club's coach) and Bryn (the barn manager, and was watching with a little too much enthusiasm..ha!) were both trying to explain the difference to me, but kept insisting that basically I just needed to "find" it. That they themselves had the same problem. But when I finally did get it, it was super easy. I wish he could stay longer, because I know it would still take me a little bit to get it the next time. Lets just hope I dont get one of these classically trained horses assigned at the IDA show in April.....That could spell disaster.

Anyways I posted a few pictures that dew took of us :)

No comments: