Thursday, February 17, 2005

Training 4 test

Today in my dressage lesson I rode Ty. He was good today, not fighting with him :). I like those days. We just worked on my test for the IDA show April 2nd. I am probably going to show @ the puckerbrush dressage shows April 3rd and May 1st as well. :)

Anyways, the practice test went well. I know it finally, and can remember it while doing it. Which is always a big step for me. Sandy said I did very well, and it felt like a good test so i was very satisfied. We just did walk, trot, and canter work. Nothing special mainly just making sure my hands and seat were correct, the stuff they would look for in the test. I tend to not use my seat bones completely when cantering so I've been working on really sitting deeply while cantering. We also worked on smooth transitions and such. Ty has a horrible sense of transitions.

No matter what you do when you ask to down transition from a trot to a walk he automatically stops and then walks forward. We've tried everything to get him NOT to do that. His Canter/trot transitions are really nice as long as you are the one asking for it. He does this thing were when you do a circle at E, and when you come back to E and start to go straight instead of do another circle he will just stop. Its very annoying. When they first got him at Puckerbrush he would just stop in the middle. He doesnt do that anymore, but still does it at other stages. So we have to make sure we snap him before he gets a chance to do it again. Very frustrating. But again it was a satisfying lesson. :)

Very very busy end of the week for me. More after my jumping lesson on monday.
kim~

No comments: