Thursday, April 28, 2005

hmmmm catch up!

Well for some reason ove r the last week, whenever I tried to get on and POST something some stupid error would pop up. So of course i'm like WTF! anyways....lets see jumping lesson on Fritz last Saturday! I fell off AGAIN! this time it was because we were coming up to a fence and I was a little too far forward, he decided not to do it, and I couldn't correct myself. So in VERY slow motion off I went. I find it really hard to jump babies. I obviously am doing what I am supposed to be doing...Otherwise they wouldn't keep putting me on them. BUT GAWD! it really is shattering what confidence in my riding ability that I have! I've always been not as confident as I should be, but whatever, it strives me to be better and thats all that I want.

Anyways I don't remember much of the lesson other than the fact I was basically working on Fritz to engage his hind end over the fences and increase impulsion, so I guess for the most part thats what i achieved. I rode Ty last thursday for my dressage lesson. We have been riding him in a german martingale for the last couple of months because he keeps spooking and dumping riders...but its weird, its as if he is doing it on purpose. Like he is trying to get the rider off. He spooks at nothing and continues to spook (especially if the rider can't put the foot down so to speak) until they are off. So far i'm the only one he hasnt dumped *knock on wood* Its not like he didn't start it with me though. The second he starts i just sit as heavily as i can, and try to rein him in as tight as possible, and occasionally i'll smack him with the whip if i feel him getting towards that state to bring his attention back to me.

Amy keeps harrassing me about that part....but oh well its all in good fun right? anyways today I rode Rags. This horse amy is IN LOVE with. He's a wicked cutie, it was an interesting lesson. He doesn't like contact, its such a weird concept, you ask him to put his head down, completely give him the rein and he's happy as a clam. Cantering is so just weird on him. He tends to canter with a huge haunches in, its almost like your riding two seperate horses! Bryn had me work on straightening him out, boy did THAT make my thighs tired! Then she let me go over a couple of fences with him. Laura was on Chip (meg had to cancel today) and she even went over a couple. I think she liked it, he is such a good little jumper! Her two jumping lessons with us, she was on Ty, and hes a HORRIBLE jumper, i feel bad that they put her on him to jump! It will be nice next semester when we are all back, because she will be able to jump Chip then :). He hasn't been jumped in awhile because of an abcess and had pads on his feet. And since we all go home next week :) SO very exciting.

Anyways I didn't feel like i gained anything from this last lesson, nor really any of the lessons i've had over the last couple of weeks. No offense to bryn and sandy, I just wish I would ride a really NICE horse :) you know 4th level school master, that can REALLY teach me stuff. Oh well. Tomorrow is my last jumping lesson (well lesson total) for the semester! I can't wait, sandy said i could ride Wish :) She is a cute little morgan mare, that i LOVE. and she LOVES to jump, and she isnt a baby! and I CANT WAIT, we are going to work on big fences. It's been so long! I hate little fences they bore me, ESPECIALLY when i'm on a baby that is so wishywashy I feel useless! So i'm very excited for tomorrow. AND she shouldn't CRAZY because she was ridden today AND yesterday :)! OH so exciting :) Till then~

No comments: