Sunday, April 17, 2005

The week of babies

Well on thursday I rode Titan. He is a 3 year old thoroughbred gelding. It was the first time he was used in a "lesson" All we did was just walked and trotted around, at a very long rein. He was a sweety. I did ask him to canter in both directions and that went well too. He was so good. At the trot he collected himself really nicely without any real contact. He is very calm for a baby, so much so that we introduced the whip because he started to ignore nudges with my leg...heel...AND some really hard kicks...to the later he grunted a little, but didn't respond. He was a little scared with the whip "following" him, but by the end of the lesson he was fine with the whip and responded with a gentle tap. :) good training session for him.

Today with our jumping lesson I rode Fritz. I've ridden him before in a dressag lesson. He is almost 4, and has had a lot more training than Titan has. He ended up spooking and side stepping. I dunno if it was just me zoning out/not paying attention because of being tired? or what but I fell off. The sad part is that I've sat worse spooks than THAT. Oh well it didn't hurt..and I got "chocolate" out before the others (the first person to yell chocolate when someone falls gets a candy bar ha!)...anyways so the jumping was a little rocky at first, but once I calmed down and stopped riding "aggressive" we worked really well together. :). Amy rode Jack in this lesson and Laura rode Ty....she fell off TWICE! I felt really sorry that she fell off. I find it amusing when I fall off, but I don't like it when others do. She still holds Ty as her favorite horse at puckerbrush! ha! I have some fun blurry pictures from jumping that I'll post. More later
kim~

No comments: