Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Jumping get together

Tonight the team got together for a fun little jumping session. We went over the jump courses for the show :) I rode Wish, a little morgan mare, that was CRAZY....She is the type of horse that needs to be ridden EVERY day....and since her new owner bought her she has only been ridden a couple times a week tops. So now when someone gets on her, she immediately starts prancing around. If I touched her at all, seat, leg, ANYTHING she would get faster and faster, half halts were just impossible. I finally got her to settle down (well as far as she was going to....once she found out we were jumping!) If I asked her to down transition she would canter in place until she finally broke into a trot. I was told she looked scary. But it was all pretty fun, she was just so excited! She would fly over the fences like a bat outa hell! And definately didn't want to stop. GO GO GO was her only mode! So it was fun :) and I hope we do it again.... (oh and btw HI marie ;) i know your snooping ha!)
kim~

No comments: