Friday, April 29, 2005

Well I'm a little bummed....

Well we were supposed to have a jumping lesson today but sandy was sick :(. So me and amy were going to just do a practice jumping thing....but when we got there, there were 6 people in the indoor...including Elvis..and his rider its like 4 people combined! she takes up the WHOLE ring, and he actus up and its just not pleasant to ride around them. SO me and amy went on trail rags LOVED it! and was splashing in a puddle as we crossed it. SO amy let him play for a few seconds and he went down on his front knees he was going to ROLL in it ha! we both sorta let out excited screams and he jumped up and took off and bucked. Just playfully though and not uncontrollably. He kept getting all antsy and bucky when we'd go past a jump. I really think that he LOVES it! ha! Anyways OH i was riding Legs btw (the standardbred mare that i really like, but doesnt canter at all :(...its the most horrible canter i have ever ridden! and thats saying something) BUT she LOVES to jump.

When we got back to the farm only about 20 minutes later it had cleared out in the indoor except for laura and kelly's lesson. But we didn't feel like dragging the jumps out for such a short amount of time, and there were still 4 others in the indoor other than us. So me and legs just worked on trotting, serpentines, her relaxing. We work really well together, she wasn't all speed racer ish, or choppy. She was nice and fluid (until the lady on the thoroughbred kept getting to close, legs will kick horses if they get too clost to her hind end..so i had to warn the lady who obviously wasn't paying attention. I dunno about others, but when i'm in a ring with horses i don't know i watch for body langauge of the other horses i am passing!) anyways i think we work well together I really like that mare.

Afterwards the dressage club all got together and went out to eat. I wasn't happy with my food, i ordered my favorite...ribs....BUT they were really tough and WOULDnt come apart, they were solid fat for the most part. I didn't want to eat there anyways (the 99) but oh well, they had a "new" menu. I won't go back again thats for sure! but it was nice to see everyone for the last time before the summer.
kim~

No comments: